SIPOC - Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer
The SIPOC is one of the best known and most effective process mapping tools out there. Used extensively in projects utilising the Lean Six Sigma methodology, the SIPOC is there to help you:
- Understand the current state.
- Understand the key players in the process.
- Understand the key inputs and outputs of your process.
It acts as the bedrock of any project where you are looking to deploy process improvements, process changes or are just trying to understand better the flow of information and products through your process from the initiator through to your final customer.
Standing for Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer, the SIPOC tool gives you a lot of great insight into a process very quickly. In this course, you will:
- Learn what a SIPOC model is.
- Learn how to effectively deploy a SIPOC with examples.
- Be taken through a breakdown of each section of the SIPOC.
- Be taken through a number of demonstrations, based on different scenarios in different industries.
The course also gives you the templates and tools you need so once you have completed the course, you can get started on a SIPOC right away. Quizzes and assignments along the way will also help in your learning journey.
When you finish this course, you will have the knowledge, the experience and the confidence to deploy a SIPOC in your next project.
- What is covered in this course?
- What is the purpose of this course?
- What is SIPOC?
- What is process improvement?
- The purpose and importance of SIPOC
- When to use the tool
- Introduction to the tool
- History of the tool
- Breakdown of each section: Supplier
- Breakdown of each section: Input
- Breakdown of each section: Process
- Breakdown of each section: Output
- Breakdown of each section: Customer
- The process to build a SIPOC tool
- Demonstration 1
- Demonstration 2
- Demonstration 3
- Build your SIPOC!
- Review of key learnings
- Hints and tips